The Society has a library of over 400 sets of orchestral parts for full orchestra, chamber orchestra, string orchestra and wind orchestra. Most, but not all, of these sets are available for hire. Check with Maggie Heywood (details below) to determine whether the item you want is borrowable. There are a few additions to the borrowable collection which have not yet been listed in the above catalogue.
Details, Terms & Conditions
- Sets of parts are ordinarily available for use by university and college-based societies within Cambridge. The hirer must be a member of CUMS for the period of the hire. If required, hiring-only (non-performing) memberships are available.
- The library is managed on CUMS’ behalf by Maggie Heywood.
- The catalogue of parts may be consulted on this website.
- Requests for sets of parts should be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance, to Maggie Heywood (email@example.com).
- Maggie will advise you on methods of payment and delivery/collection of music. Sets must be returned complete and in order (i.e. string parts in the order Violin I, Violin II, Viola, Cello, Bass; the wind parts in numerical order). In addition to the hire charge, charges will be made for missing parts, and a surcharge may be made if a set of parts is returned unsorted or more than one week after the performance date.
- Parts should be returned within seven days of the performance.
- Charges are as follows:
1 month 2 months or 1 Cambridge
Ordinary orchestral sets, large wind sets £30 (50% incr. for each extra month) £45 (50% incr. for each extra month) Small sets, ordinary wind sets £20 (50% incr. for each extra month) £30 (50% incr. for each extra month) Replacement of lost parts At Cost Surcharge on sets returned unsorted or more than one week after the performance date £5 CUMS hiring membership (annual) £15
Works for chamber orchestra, and short works (e.g. overtures) will generally be considered “small sets”.
Phone: 01223 365110