Join the CUMS SUPPORTERS’ CIRCLE
Since it was founded in 1843, CUMS has provided unique opportunities for successive generations of Cambridge musicians. It has immeasurably enriched the cultural life of the university and city, and, having launched many of the biggest careers in classical music, it has played a pivotal role in the musical world beyond.
CUMS receives no core funding from the University, and income from ticket sales does not meet the full cost of delivering a world-class musical education. The CUMS Supporters’ Circle has been established to address this pressing financial need.
All those who value Cambridge’s splendid musical heritage, and who want the University to provide opportunities for the finest young musicians of the twenty-first century, are invited to join the CUMS Supporters’ Circle. Membership of the Circle is through annual donation to CUMS. There are five levels of donation:
Donor: £100-£249 per annum
- contributing membership of the Society, entitling them to priority booking for performances
- the opportunity to buy a full season ticket
- acknowledgement in CUMS concert programmes and on the website
- an invitation to a drinks reception each term at West Road
- regular updates on key CUMS projects and events
Benefactor: £250-£499 per annum
Principal Benefactor: £500-£999 per annum
- All of the above plus opportunities to sit in on selected rehearsals
The Stanford Circle: £1,000-£2,499 per annum
The Vaughan Williams Circle: £2,500+
The Britten Circle: £10,000+
- All of the above plus the opportunity to be recognised as the supporter of a specific activity each season.
To become a Member of the CUMS Supporters‘ Circle, please complete a membership form and return it to the address shown thereon. If you pay UK or Capital Gains Tax, CUMS is able to boost your donation by 25 pence per pound through Gift Aid.
In helping us reach our targets, you will become part of an extraordinary musical tradition.